Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone had their eyes go back to normal after stopping antidepressants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone had their eyes go back to normal after stopping antidepressants?

Hello forum,

at the beginning of this year I developed severe dry and painful eyes which felt like they were coming out of nowhere. Over the year I tried pretty much anything you can do at home

I visited three different eye doctors but none of them seemed to be able to help me or maybe they didnt want to.. I have no idea

I was pretty devastated one day as I realized that I started taking Zoloft (ssri) around the same time my eye problems started and I immediately looked into it and found out that its rare but it can cause ery eyes.

I talked back with my doctor and I've been in the process of stopping it and finally had my last dose about a week ago - no changes in my eyes yet and I'm very nervous about that. I am a graphic designer which forces me to spend many hours in front of a screen but I feel like I cant keep up with my work any longer cause the pain gets too much..

anyone had their eyes go back to normal after stopping ssris? How long did it take?

Thanks in advance

That is an interesting question. I take Xanax and Remeron but they are in very, very small doses. I have read that all kinds of meds can cause or agravate dry eye. I've been taking those meds for years and would probably have a hard time weaning off of them. I'd like to hear what others have experienced with antidepressants.

Comment

Working...
    X