Help!! Red spots in eye, normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!! Red spots in eye, normal?

Hello! Living with dry eyes my eyes are always a bit red and veiny, but yesterday I woke up with very bad red spots over the eyelid. What can this be and why? Anyone have an idea? Is this normal with dry eyes? Here is a picture!
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Please see a medical doctor for medical advice.

Dry eyes are often associated with red spots / red veins. It is a sign of inflammation. They tend to get worse over time without appropriate treatment. Please consult your medical doctor.

Comment

Thank you for help! I am seeing an eye doctor about this doing different treatments and have done for the last couple of years but it only seems to get worse. The reason why I got concerned was because the redness appeared over night. Do you think this redness is permanent?

Comment

There are many different things that can cause redness - mostly temporary. I think if it just happened, it's much too early to worry about permanence. No one other than your doctor can say what the cause is. Different amounts of redness/veins are normal (or not) for different people. If you are in between appointments, and the redness happened overnight, you might want to pay extra attention to your overnight eye care routines, and let the dr know your concern.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

When I woke up it looked like this, feel like this is not just normal redness. I’m gonna go and get it checked up tomorrow!
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by hästen25 View Post
            When I woke up it looked like this, feel like this is not just normal redness. I’m gonna go and get it checked up tomorrow!
            Are yok ok? did you go to the doctor?

Comment

Originally posted by breathin View Post

Are yok ok? did you go to the doctor?
              I went to a doctor today and it was fine, nothing to do with the condition just a broken blood vessel probably due to a trauma, maybe when sleeping or just being to harsh!

Comment

Working...
              X