Dry eyes and doxycycline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry eyes and doxycycline

Hello! Maybe around 1,5 years ago I got put on doxycycline for my dry eyes or possible rosacea but my doctor does not seem to be sure. My dry eyes went a bit better after but now they are really just getting worse. I don’t know if the antibiotics are just doing me a bad favour and maybe making the candida grow that can cause trouble for the eyes? I take 150 my .2 a day. What do you think? Is it really good for the overall health to take this much antibiotic for such a long time? I did have candida infections right when my dry eye symptoms started so maybe it can be connected with it? Unafortunaly I don’t know if I can trust my dry eye doctor that much, she is not a private doctor and I often have to bring up things that can help myself.

Hi, I’m not a doctor but I believe if something will work, it won’t take 1,5 years. This happens to me when I use azithromycin. In the first a few week I feel my eyes are better. But after 1 month it comes back worse. I feel kind of the bacteria gains resistance and becomes stronger after use of antibiotics.

Comment

Thanks for your answer. Is that the same thing as azyter? I have been using that as well and worked very well for about a year but it doesn’t really help any more. Before I started on tetralysal I got styes though which I haven’t had since but that could be because of other reasons I guess. Ugh this is so hard to know, maybe I should just depend on the doctor?

Comment

Originally posted by hästen25 View Post
        Thanks for your answer. Is that the same thing as azyter? I have been using that as well and worked very well for about a year but it doesn’t really help any more. Before I started on tetralysal I got styes though which I haven’t had since but that could be because of other reasons I guess. Ugh this is so hard to know, maybe I should just depend on the doctor?
        Hi, yes same thing as azyter. I think you should go to another doctor and have your blood values checked. 1,5 years is a very long time for antibiotics.

Comment

Originally posted by breathin View Post

Hi, yes same thing as azyter. I think you should go to another doctor and have your blood values checked. 1,5 years is a very long time for antibiotics.
          Thank you! I went to a doctor who checked my values but there was nothing wrong so that’s good. I don’t have any stomach issues either.

Comment

Working...
          X