Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural vs artifical lighting

Hello

Wondering if anyone else who is mainly troubled by redness/inflammation finds that their eyes look fairly normal in natural light but as soon as in fluorescent light e.g. offices, supermarkets, airports, hospitals etc. experience horribly bloodshot and painful eyes?!

I've been struggling with dry eyes for 7 years and think I have narrowed artifical lighting down to being my biggest trigger. I've done the usual hot and cold compresses, lid hygiene, steroids, doxy, ikervis, lubricating drops and have recently completed 4 sessions of IPL with gland expression and had lower plugs inserted. Despite all of this my symptoms remain, namely pain and inflammation.

I find that the days I work from home my eyes are usually so much better (possibly helped by the fact I'm not stressing out about what others might be thinking every minute of the day) compared to when I'm at work. I've spoken to occupational health at work and nothing they could really offer to help other than to work from home when I can, which isn't really an option more than 1 day a week.

I'm considering getting some glasses to wear e.g. Avulux designed for people with migraines. Anyone used these or anything similar?! It's not really a route I want to go down but I hate feeling and looking like I've been crying at work all day.

Appreciate anyone who has any similar experiences getting in touch. I've seen some old posts were people have described similar symptoms but they are from quite some time ago so perhaps those people are no longer active on here.

Best wishes

Hello

are You working mostly in front of a computer?
    I think artificial light coming from LCD monitors should also be blamed
    You can check out my topic below in which I wrote about potential harmfulness of staring all time at LCD monitors which emit artificial light
    E-Ink and RLCD monitors don't emit artificial light and reflect ambient light, especially good for using outside where there is natural sunlight

https://forum.dryeyezone.com/forum/a...ople-must-read

Comment

Working...
    X