No announcement yet.

Why is nothing working except steroids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is nothing working except steroids?

Hello everyone,

I'm a long time DE sufferer and been going through better and worse phases. In fact my right eye is pretty OK for the last months, just a regular dry eye needing a few lubricating drops a day and I'm good. But my left eye has been a pain in the ... for all 2022. Drops only give relief for a few minutes. I've tried all different types of foams, hypochlouros acid, demodex wipes, thicker drops, thinner drops, Manuka, all sorts of supplements like curcuma, fish oil, maquibright,etc. and still everyday I wake up with a burning, swollen and red eye. The only time it gets noticably better is when I take steroids over the course of a few days. Still not perfect, but still the most relieve I can get.
    My eyelids are puffy everyday and my lashes are crooked, which leads me to think demodex is a problem, but I got no crusts or anything on the lashes in the morning. Still under the microscope I could see moving mites (not more than one per lash). I've had Schirmer's tests ranging from almost normal down to 1mm. I got tested for Sjögren's two times now with 5 years in between testing which yieled absolutely no indication for further testing. Also my mouth is still not dry after all these years and my eyes are able to tear up when cutting onions for example.
    I got diagnosed with a mild rosacea but that's all I got in terms of diagnoses. What else to do? I'm so tired of this continuous burning.
Working...
X