Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPC - never wore contact lenses

Hello everyone,

after years of dealing with my dry, painful eyes finally I got a new diagnosis. GPC..
    Now I've read quiet some articles on the net about this condition, but they were all pretty much linked to contact lens wear or allergies. I never in my life wore contact lenses and my allergies are just bugging me 2 months a year and I'm good after that.
    So has anyone ever heard of GPC persisting without any contact lens wear and chronic allergies?
    And how do I solve this?

Hi there,

My understanding is that yes it's possible to have gpc without contacts. However, doctors also sometimes differ about the diagnosis. I had something like GPC when I first started wearing scleral lenses, and two really good ophthalmologists (in the same room!) had different opinions about what it was and how to treat it. - In my case, non steroidal anti inflammatories helped.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks for your response (and keeping the Forum alive )
      Can you name me some drops that are anti inflammatory but non steroidal? I never heard of this before.

Comment

Here's a list
        https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-sup...n/drg-20070403

I'm suggesting these will help you, just mentioning it's what they did for me way back when. I don't actually remember which one I used at the time but I remember the dr having a strong opinion about the differences between them.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
        X