Migrane and dry eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migrane and dry eyes

I believe I have damaged my meibomian glands through years of exposure to office lighting and computer screens as it all started with light sensitivity, I would feel my eyes burning every time I was in the office. Then after years my eyes suddenly turned dry ( and it's been for the last 3 years). Just recently I've found out I have migrane, as there are many migrane types - my brain does not like these tube lighting and my eyes suffer because of that.
    I've seen some articles about migrane and dry eyes being connected, does anyone have gone through something similar? Have migrane and dry eyes?

Thanks!
    Aline

Yes my migranes started after my MGD. Mine was more like clustered migranes depending which eye hurts. The pain in eye would spread to my head and shoulders and jaw. I have chemical sensitivity in my eyes. My MGD was also caused by chemical exposure ( hate talking bout it). So soon i realised that the reason of my migranes is the eye drops i use. Some perhaps had smth inside that irritated my eyes. This happened especially when i used oil based eye drops. So i decided not to use them anymore. Ever since i dont have migrane. Hope it helps.

Comment

Thank you so much! Think mine is the opposite, migrane gave me light sensitivity then I got MGD. ( migrane being only light sensitivity, no head pain)

Comment

Working...
      X