Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips on how to find a doctor that will probe my eyes

Hi there,

I'm about to plan a trip to the US or Canada, to get my eyes probed. They don't perform this surgery in Europe because they've banned the metal used (or something like that).
    Does anyone here know of any good doctors?
    Or have any tips on how to find a doctor, experiences, or anything that would be useful or provide some further insight.
    I would generally appreciate any input at all.

Just for context, I have suffered from dry-eyes since mid 2016. Currently, I can't look at a screen or read, without wearing scleral lenses.
    I have keratoconus in my left eye (very poor vision), and my right(Still almost perfect vision), although I'm old enough (34) that it may have stopped developing in my right eye.
    The things I have tried:

- Using Ikervis for 1 year
    - 4x IPL treatment
    - Used warm-compresses 1-2 times a day for a year
    - NuLids device every morning for 3-4 months
    - Antibiotics for 3 months
    - Eat a lot of fish and take Omega 3 supplements daily since 2016
    - AIP diett for 1 month
    - A LOT of different eye-drops
    - Blinking exercices
    - As a lifestyle, I work out 3 times a week on average, prioritize sleep, and tend to not drink too much alcohol

Wearing scleral lenses is currently the only thing that keeps me going. But my eyes seem to get really red after using them, so I fear I might not be able to use them long-term.

I saw the inventor of probing in 2014 but I can not recommend him as his prices don't make sense. I will be seeing Dr Safran in about a month to get probing. I have never seen him before but I think he charges fairly. Another famous dry eye doc is Dr. Sandra Lora Cremers. I can tell you my experience with Dr. Safran after I see him next month.

Comment

probing in New york city - i recommend Dr. Jacqueline W. Muller, M.D.

its expensive i think i paid 500-1k eyelid. if she tries to sell you cheaper... heater eye therapy dont do it.. doesnt do anything... eyelids probes work fast. shes a good mgd doctor..

i recently update my cure. in cure stories.

Comment

Hi everybody, do you have good results with probing ? Thanks

Comment

Hi everybody, have you good results with probing ?
          thanks

Comment

Working...
          X