So bad dry eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So bad dry eyes

Hello! I’m only 21 and my Schimer test is non existent. I have hardly 1 and 2 on my eyes. It gets worse and worse. I have tried to check for allergies, I have tried ikervis and antibiotics, both topical and tetralysal. I do massages with a hot eye mask every morning and night. I have moisture chamber glasses but don’t use them that often. I have mild blepharitis all the time and my glands are about 50% left. My eyes don’t produce enough tears. My everyday life is very bad, I always have head aches and pain in my eyes. I take antidepressants and birth control pills. My doctor is thinking that I might have Sjogrens but I don’t have any issues other than my eyes.

Is there anything I can try to help my eyes? Is there any hope left or should I just learn to live like this? What would your next steps be in my situation?

I would try out Scleral Lenses if I were you.

They don't directly fix anything, but they make the entire dry-eye situation A LOT more manageable.
    I would basically be on sick leave without them.

Above that, I would start to experiment with my diet, in case anything in my diet was causing inflammation and/or deficiencies.
    Diets like AIP protocol, a very fish heavy diet, or even an "all meat diet"

Disclaimer, I'm no medical professional - But have you considered stop using birth control pills? Don't they mess with your hormones?

If all else fails, I have my sights on this drug: AZR-MD-001, which, sadly is not ready yet.
    Last edited by knitre; 05-Dec-2022, 05:09.

Comment

Why don’t you use restasis? First you need to increase your tear production.

Comment

Many antidepressants have dry eyes as an adverse effect. Especially if you're in peri-menopause, hormones could have something to do with it... with autoimmune conditions and dry eyes. I highly recommend hypochlorous acid for the blepharitis. Lots of sleep, anti-inflammatory diet, prayer. Sending you blessings.

Comment

Originally posted by breathin View Post
          Why don’t you use restasis? First you need to increase your tear production.
          I live in Sweden and we don’t have that medication here, you can get it online but it’s so expensive. Doesn’t ikervis have quite the same effect?

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn* View Post
            Many antidepressants have dry eyes as an adverse effect. Especially if you're in peri-menopause, hormones could have something to do with it... with autoimmune conditions and dry eyes. I highly recommend hypochlorous acid for the blepharitis. Lots of sleep, anti-inflammatory diet, prayer. Sending you blessings.
            Thank you so much for the answer. I quit antidepressants for about a year but the eyes only got worse and my mental health was so bad that I had to start again. I will talk with my doctor about quitting my birth control pills but I get very bad acne and cramps and I don’t know if I can handle that + these dry eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by knitre View Post
              I would try out Scleral Lenses if I were you.

They don't directly fix anything, but they make the entire dry-eye situation A LOT more manageable.
              I would basically be on sick leave without them.

Above that, I would start to experiment with my diet, in case anything in my diet was causing inflammation and/or deficiencies.
              Diets like AIP protocol, a very fish heavy diet, or even an "all meat diet"

Disclaimer, I'm no medical professional - But have you considered stop using birth control pills? Don't they mess with your hormones?

If all else fails, I have my sights on this drug: AZR-MD-001, which, sadly is not ready yet.

Thanks, I will defiantly look into sceral lenses! I stopped birth control for about 3 months but got very bad acne and cramps and I didn’t notice any difference about my eyes. I will talk with my doctor about it since it may take longer than 3 months to make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn* View Post
                How do you use hypochlorous Acid? Rub it on the eyelids? Is it dangerous to get into the eyes?

Comment

Working...
                X