Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrible ghosting / double vision few months after Lasik

Hello to all,

I had femtoLasik surgery 4.5 months ago. During first 2 months everything was great and I had just minor temporary problems with my vision - nothing importatnt.

2.5 months after surgery I suddenly started to see terrible "double vision / ghosting". For example when I see white text on black background I see original text and another "ghost" text above. The same situation is with road signs, shop banners etc. Everything is double with one "ghost" on top. Mostly during the night or in bad lighting conditions. I live with this problem for two months and nothing has changed. My doctor said that we have to wait till even year after surgery and eyes should adapt...

My contacts prescription before surgery was L +5.5 R +6.

Anyone had similar problem after lasik? I will be 6 months after surgery in march...

My mental state is getting worse due to this situation...

Is there any chance that my double vision/ghosting will go away?

Sorry for my English. I will be grateful for any response!

Regards,
    Chris

Hi Chris,

Very sorry to hear this!

How sudden was it?

How does your explain the change?

Is this affecting one eye, or both eyes? (individually or just together)?

What testing have you had? Have they done corneal topography? Wavefront aberrometry?
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Thank you for your reply.
      I had flu in december and then I started to see horrible ghosting till today.
      I see vertical ghosting in both eyes individualy. Almost identical.
      Doctor done corneal topography and wavefront aberrometry. I dont know exact results. He said that everything look fine and we have to wait even until one year.
      I read 20/20 in both eyes.
      I would like to know is there really a chance that ghosting will go away with more time? I had femtolasik 5 months ago...

Thank you!
      Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,

Sorry for not replying sooner!

The sudden onset is rather surprising. There is always hope of improvement for much longer than most people imagine. - If this is night time only, it's probably pupil size related. I wonder if, in the short term, to get some relief you could talk with your doctor about whether you could possibly use something like Alphagan P some evenings for that? Just a thought.

Don't know where you're located, but if it would be helpful to talk about this, we could get on a Zoom call.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
        X