Oxervate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxervate

Anyone using the Oxervate drops and wearing schleral lenses? I am having trouble, will the schleral lenses making my eyes sore…

Bonjour, je ne connais pas ces gouttes, je vis en France. Je porte des lentilles sclerales 12h par jour, il faut du temps pour s'habituer

Comment

I don’t use Oxervate, but if your sclerals are making your eyes sore, before putting in your lenses put a couple drops of artificial preservative-free tears in your eyes to moisten the overall surface. Then put a few drops of these PF tears in with your saline when you fill your lens before inserting them. Also, while wearing the sclerals, periodically put a few drops of PF tears around the lens edges where the scleral edge lies on your scleral/white part of the eye…I would pull up my upper eye lid and look down then put the drops in, and pull down and look up to put another set of drops in. Use a little thicker drop so it can provide more cushioning. I personally used to use Genteal Tears PF vials for this. Some people like Refresh Celluvisc. Whatever drop you use, it needs to be PF.

I also would include autologous serum tears to help manage dry eyes when my sclerals were not in, and also to use in conjunction with the PF tears in the above scleral process, especially using it to moisten my eyes and fill my scleral as with the PF tears.

Hope this helps provide at least a little relief.

Comment

Working...
      X