Question about cleaning the eyelid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about cleaning the eyelid

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum but did some searches on this forum and it looks great!

I have a question. I have MGD really bad. Basically, the insides of my eyelids are always very dry and sore. I have been cleaning with a q tip but now am worried I am doing it wrong. My question is, is the q tip itself supposed to touch the inner lid of the eyelid? Some websites say yes and some say no. I have been pulling down on my lids and actually sticking the q tip behind the lid so part of the qtip touches the conjunctival surface. Is this the correct way?
    Thanks,
    CT

CTS---using the SEARCH feature--with "eyelid scrubs" I found the following:

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/searc...searchid=37811

Now, you'll have to read through and find what pertains to you. It's full of good info. Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Say What, Lucy?

That didn't work, Lucy, I'm sorry:
      Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
      I clicked your link a few times and that's all I got.

And I AM curious on this topic myself...
      ---
      Blepharitis leads to MGD causes dry eye?
      Dry eye drops cause eyelid irritation exacerbating Blepharitis?

Comment

Hi there! I looked at various websites and got different opinions. This website said to clean the inside of the lid. http://www.goodhope.org.uk/Departmen...Lid%20Cleaning

However, nearly all other websites said to only clean the margin, where the eyelashes are, and to NOT stick the q tip in the inner lid as it might irritate the eye.

I asked my eye doctor and she said not to stick the q tip in the lower lid, and that the qtip should only touch where the eyelashes grow. She said the q tip can be an irritant if stuck inside the lid so I stopped cleaning inside the lid.

I am curious to hear if there are other opinions though. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by cts
          I have been pulling down on my lids and actually sticking the q tip behind the lid so part of the qtip touches the conjunctival surface. Is this the correct way?
          I would not touch the q tip behind the lid during your lid cleansing regimen unless you've had a doctor say it's OK and demonstrate for you specifically how to do it.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Again--a try

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/searc...searchid=38758

Once again, this brings up multiple info from DEZ about eyelid scrubs. It may have a "timeout" feature, though. Perhaps after a number of hours or days, the link no longer works. It's here right now..........Hurry Steve.

Better yet, do your own search on "lid scrubs" and you'll see.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Another way to search on a topic is to go to the topical archives (in this case, MGD/Blepharitis treatment ) and browse the subject lines of past threads. You won't find every thread on the subject that way, but you also won't have to pick through the individual search results.
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

Searching the forums

CTS, if you'd like to try a search yourself, but don't know how, here are some simple instructions.

Comment

Almighty might be in the know

and can explain why my simple instructions hit paydirt for me, not only once, but twice. Why can one not bo back to my link later and find the same info? Is there a time hold on it? That might answer that question.

Thanks, Almighty Handsome One.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Search results appear to be stored in temporary database files which get cleared out shortly after they're created. If you take your mouse and "hover" over the link you posted, you'll see it's got a row id for the search results you came up with. This row gets deleted when you're done with it (well, shortly afterwards). Or so I deduce from what's happening at any rate.

Translation: "blah blah blah technical reasons blah blah blah blah"
                    Rebecca Petris
                    The Dry Eye Foundation
                    dryeyefoundation.org
                    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
                    X