Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sjorgen syndrome after local or oral tretinoins ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sjorgen syndrome after local or oral tretinoins ?

Hello,

In addition to dry eyes, i start right now to have very strong dryness of mouth, skin, lips and nose. I used trets 9 months ago for just one week, but all my problems started at this moment.

I wondered if some of you suffering of Sojgren syndrome did use, even a short time, a local or oral tretinoin ?

It seems it can have a latent effect (side effects appearing months and years after the use), and a national report in France mentions the possible link.

if the sojgren is auto immune you can try hydrocloroquine... its used to treat RA.. use the RA daily dose.

Comment

Yes, I think my dry eyes is linked with topical retin-a usage which l used right before problems started. It’s a permanent condition. I tested negative for sjorgrens. I’ve had dry eyes since age 23 and now I’m 63. Hard to believe there is not more data available

Comment

It's permanent now, but maybe in the future ?

Isotretinoin induced mgd has a special presentation it seems, can i ask you which treatments you tried ?

I found that post helpful, and it relates to the last scientific papers i read :https://www.reddit.com/r/Dryeyes/com...ack_to_normal/

Comment

Working...
        X