Mites and MGD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mites and MGD

I have had MGD for 25 years, since the age of 22. If it was caused by mites (a different type of mite than dust mites - is it called Demodex mites?), would my ophthalmologist (who is a dry eye expert) have diagnosed this already? I am considering using tea tree oil foam wash and/or wipes, which I understand is helpful against mites, but am curious if I will just be spinning my wheels? Thanks!

You probably have at least some demodex. I don't know how strong the connection is with MGD. I do know that recently it's been suggested that tea tree oil is toxic to the meibomian glands. You can probably find it on Google

Comment

Originally posted by zoso967 View Post
      You probably have at least some demodex. I don't know how strong the connection is with MGD. I do know that recently it's been suggested that tea tree oil is toxic to the meibomian glands. You can probably find it on Google
      I have seen that post, but people have been clarifying that the amounts in the study weren't diluted like the off the shelf products are, and in the study the oil was applied and left on the eye. Hoping it's safe in the method it's being designed to use...Open to comments though! I'm also curious.

Comment

Working...
      X