XDemvy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XDemvy

My doctor prescribed Xdemvy for my blepharitis but I am having to fight my insurance Express Scripts to approve it. It's a new eye drop that has just been FDA approved. Express scripts denied it because they say it's on 'their exclusion list' so I called HR and complained and they are going to try to get this over-turned. I was just wondering if anyone else has got it yet and are able to report back whether it worked or not. It's probably too early as it was only FDA approved at the start of August of this year. Please report your experiences with it if you get it. Hopefully, I will be able to get it myself soon and I will report back how it goes.

I've been excited to try this one. I just got a script filled (online). From the Xdemvy site, there are four specialty pharmacies that can fill it. It is $20 with insurance and $50 without. I did not bother with insurance, knowing mine would not cover it. Try running it through CarePoint pharmacy with the cash pay option.

Comment

Could you please send me a link for this? My insurance confirmed that they would not cover it because they have to do their own reviews. I called the company and was told that you could get it for free but only if you meet the income requirements of a salary below 200 percent of the federal poverty level (less than 25k per year) and filled out a form from their website. If you can't post the link on this website, I will send you my personal e-mail.

Comment

BTW, they told me that without insurance, the full cost was more than $1800.

Comment

https://carepoint.pharmacy/
          I had my doctor call it into this pharmacy. I selected cash pay option and paid $50.

Comment

My doc just prescribed it to me, too. I'm just starting to try to find an affordable source. She mentioned the Healthwell Foundation may give grants for it. What was your experience with it? Did it help?? Side effects?

UPDATE:
            My doc called in a Rx to BlinkRx who distribute it. Price $1073 for me with insurance. I'm on Medicare, so no cash discounts. BlinkRx suggested I apply to Healthwell. Short online form. Healthwell called me back in 2 days and found I qualified for a grant for it. My copay is $0. I think Medicare and an income qualification (not too stringent) were important. Hope it helps!
            Last edited by Bomag; 17-Jan-2024, 19:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomag View Post
              My doc just prescribed it to me, too. I'm just starting to try to find an affordable source. She mentioned the Healthwell Foundation may give grants for it. What was your experience with it? Did it help?? Side effects?
              My excitement quickly turned to disappointment. I had to stop using it within 2 weeks, very irritating to my eyes. I should have discontinued it sooner, but I was desperate for improvement.

Comment

Just wanted to chime in on this one. My doc submitted my prescription to the Blink online pharmacy. I received an email asking me to set up an account which gave me access to their portal. At first it said we were waiting for my insurance to give a price for the drug. I knew my insurance would not cover it, and after a couple of days, the message on the prescription in the portal said my insurance hadn’t provided a price and gave me a customer service number to call. So I called and they said they were waiting for a final denial from my insurance and that when that happened, they would offer me a good cash price. About two days later, I got a message that my insurance had denied it and that I could purchase it for $30. I ordered it and had it the next day!
                I actually participated in the study for this drug in 2021. It worked well for me then and I was happy to be able to get it to treat my current demodex overpopulation (I really thought I would never be able to get it affordably). It has worked well for me again.

Comment

Working...
                X