X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asymptomatic to MGD after Lipiflow

Hello dryeyezone community,

Since 2015, I have become intolerant to wearing contact lenses,
    so in 2019, I decided to undergo PRK, -3 myopia in both eyes.
    After that and till December 2023, I had to apply 4 to 5 times daily
    eye drops. In the peak, even 10 times.
    In December, I had Lipiflow.
    In January 2024, I no longer need eye drops the whole day, only
    in the late evening, I use 2 times eye drops.
    What do you think how long can I live with the results?

Until your glands clog again, 2-3 months.

Comment

on most websites, they say the results last around 8 months
      and also it can vary from person to person

Comment

It varies a lot from person to person depending on a number of factors. I recommend learning about meibomian gland anatomy and monitoring the health of your meibomian glands by checking them in the mirror (gentle pressure to express the glands can help) at least once a week. I do this daily.

Comment

That’s really great LipiFlow worked so well for you! I agree how long it lasts varies by person. It can depend on the severity of your condition, what other things you are doing that help keep your glands open, addressing your underlying condition, etc. Now that LipiFlow unblocked your glands, it could be beneficial to find the right diet and daily regimen for you that helps keep them unblocked. Things like warm compresses, blinking exercises, lid scrubs, etc. may help, in addition to diet. You may already be doing these things, but wanted to mention just in case.

LipiFlow has not worked for some people (based on what I’ve read in this forum), including myself. My glands were severely blocked, including many with scar tissue, so only probing could unblock them. But they kept getting blocked again and I had several more probings, until I found the right diet to improve my meibum oil quality and quantity so the oils could flow, and the daily regimen to also help with maintenance. I’m so glad I no longer need probing, but wish the less invasive LipiFlow worked for me like it did you!
          Last edited by Hokucat; Today, 02:11.

Comment

Working...
          X