Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have been given anti sickness tablets so i could tolerate doxycyline.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have been given anti sickness tablets so i could tolerate doxycyline.

Hi all ive been given anti sickness tablets called prochlorperazine to combat the sickness i have while taking doxy 100 mgs . I need to know will these have a drying effect on my eyes...I know the escitalapram i was taking causes dry eye, im slowly coming off the escitalapram now tho.. How long does it take until the doxy has noticeable effects.. ive been on it for ten days. regards to you all on this site.. cb.

Hi Cherrybrandy,

I'm not familiar with prochlorperazine, however, to answer your question regarding how long does it take for doxy to show its effects, I've read that it can take from 30 to 60 days. I was one of the one's who was on it for about 3 months, but it DID WORK!! Best wishes!

Comment

Hi judy thanks for your answer you have given me hope that the doxy will work.

Originally posted by Judy
      Hi Cherrybrandy,

I'm not familiar with prochlorperazine, however, to answer your question regarding how long does it take for doxy to show its effects, I've read that it can take from 30 to 60 days. I was one of the one's who was on it for about 3 months, but it DID WORK!! Best wishes!
      Have you got mgd and blepharitis like me.. best wishes cb.

Comment

Hi Cherrybrandy,

I definitely have blepharitis and I think MGD as well, however the Dr. has never really confirmed the MGD. I've had a couple flare-ups since my original flare up with blepharitis which was pretty intense. The next two times, I was treated with the prescription eyedrop Blephamide which helped also. However, I have since discovered it contains a small percentage of the preservative, BAK which is not good! Anyway, I really hope the Doxy works well for you. I've heard we may need to go on it off and on throughout our lives unless they come up with better solutions. Who knows, right? Best wishes and hope you are having a good 'dryeye' day!!

Comment

Why don't you try doxy eye drops instead? It can be compounded. That was the solution for me.
          Oral doxy gave me too many problems.
          Dr eyes caused by long term contact lens wear

Comment

Do you have more info on the doxy drops please????
            My ophtalmo keep telling me I have blepharitis but I am still not convinced as I don't see the signs that make it so obvious like glued eyes etc..
            is it the same with you???

he also raised the amount of Doxi that I have been taking for 20 days with no results so far..
            how long after did you notice an improvement???
            thanks!!!

Comment

Maria 1972, Katia,

I'd like to hear more about doxy drops too! Katiam, when my blepharitis acts up, my eyelids get REAL RED OR PINK and look like i've been crying and rubbing them quite a bit. If you look on the inside of your eyelids, this is where the red or bright pink REALLY shows! When it starts to calm down with the doxy, this should look whiter. I've read it can take two to three months with doxy sometimes....

Best of luck, it sounds like you are on your way to better times!

Judy

Comment

Originally posted by Judy
                Maria 1972, Katia,

I'd like to hear more about doxy drops too! Katiam, when my blepharitis acts up, my eyelids get REAL RED OR PINK and look like i've been crying and rubbing them quite a bit. If you look on the inside of your eyelids, this is where the red or bright pink REALLY shows! When it starts to calm down with the doxy, this should look whiter. I've read it can take two to three months with doxy sometimes....

Best of luck, it sounds like you are on your way to better times!

Judy
                thanks Judy.

I have been taking doxy for 25 days now, but have noticed no effect. I will continue as it seems to take a while before a change can be noticed.
                Is there a way to make sure someone has blepharitis except the looking at the lids (I'll look inside the lid now that I've read it can be seen inside, )
                katia

Comment

Hi Katia,

I think your opthamologist would be the one to confirm blepharitis. Others may know more than I, though!

Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X