Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chalazions :(

Hello!

I have mild to moderate dry eyes and have been told by an ophthalmologist that I have blepharitis. I have had lots of chalazions since I was very young, so I suppose I might well have MGD, though no one's actually ever had a look at my glands.

I've got three chalazions in one eye at the moment and I can feel another one coming up - ouch . I'm fed up with the pain and the anxiety, and I'm scared that I'm going to end up with really asymmetric-looking eyes - my two eyelids and lid margins already have slightly different shapes.

Anyway, I use hot compresses from time to time to try and soften hardening/hardened chalazions (and to make my dry eyes feel better), but I'm a bit concerned that the compresses might actually be bringing other chalazions on - this seems to have happened several times. I realise that sounds a bit unorthodox, but has anyone had similar experiences?

And has anyone had any success in preventing chalazions from recurring? I hate them, I hate them, I hate them...
Working...
X