X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of info here, esp. for newbies

http://www.xenophilia.com/zb0061.htm

regards, charon

Awesome link. A ton of very practical stuff, much of it along the lines of what people here have posted from time to time but some new ones too.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Hi
      I'm glad you passed along that site, because I'm always interested in learning more, and the site has some interesting ideas, some good advice and terrific diagrams. I really like the eye exercises. However, I'm afraid that some of the info is wrong or misleading! (or is it me who's wrong?)

Here's a quote that I believe to be wrong: "The meibomian glands located in your eye lid produce the mucin layer." I thought meibomian glands produce and secrete the lipid layer, and goblet cells produce the mucin layer.

Also, the site presents an extraordinary amount of opinion as though it were commonly accepted medical fact. Here's but one example: "Avoid sugar and/or artificial sweeteners: Consumption of more than 11 teaspoons of sugar a day has been linked to dry eye syndrome (a single can of soda contains approximately 9 teaspoons of sugar."

I just don't want people to have false hopes or be misinformed or misled.

But please don't let my comments make you shy about passing on information either.

Charmee

Comment

You're quite right about the glands & the goblets, of course.

Yes, there are several items that are 'way off' (I thought the same about his offhand dismissal of Vitamin A - Accutaine, I grant you, but in eyedrops, naw) and plenty of questionable stuff in it. Didn't mean to be endorsing the whole thing - I just admired the breadth of topics covered and the emphasis on natural approaches rather than just drugs. Struck me as a good article to prompt people to explore more.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Just visited this new web.. I think it is great and I also think it is sad it is the idea of a sufferer of DE who made it and not an ophtalmologist . It seems that even if there are some errors, this guy knows more of the subject than 3 out of 5 ophtalmo I've seen...

Comment

I didn't get to read everything on the site, as my back is very bad & so comp. time is limited. Yes, there were some errors on the site, I see that now that you pointed it out, but some good stuff too. I thought it may help somebody. I always research info that is new to me, on other sites also, to verify the validity of facts presented. Well...now that has become difficult because of...ouch...spinal stenosis
            regards
            charon

Comment

Working...
            X