Moving to Atlanta Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to Atlanta Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone, I just wanted ya'll to know that I will be moving to Atlanta Georgia in the middle of Feb. So I won't be posting for about a month, eyes are still the same, Im going for work, can't find a good job where I live and there are tons of jobs in Atlanta, not too mention more humidity for my eyes Hopefully all will go well, it will be a new adventure for me as I have never really lived in any other place but Idaho. God Bless you all and I will keep in touch. Delilah

I wish you the best in Atlanta! I hope your eyes enjoy the climate and I hope you find a great job. There is life beyond Idaho!
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

aaahhhh...humidity! The best of luck to you.
      Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Delilah, we will be traveling through Atlanta on a trip to Fla about mid-Feb and then again on the way home a couple of weeks later. I will wave at you and be thinking of you.
        Lucy
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Good luck Delilah! I'm not sure how much traffic there is in Idaho, but I will say this will likely be one of your biggest adjustments when moving to Atlanta. The MARTA system (train system) gets you around the city okay, but lots of folks live in the suburbs and even though Atlanta has about 10 lanes on many roads, all that means is that the traffic parking lot is much bigger during rush hour.

Comment

Hi Delilah!

Good luck with the move and the new job! I hope the humidity there helps your eyes!

-Shells

Comment

Hi Delilah,
              Welcome to SE. I live 90 miles away from Atlanta, in Auburn AL but humidity is about the same. Outdoor in winter time is wonderful to live with DES. Indoor the AC blasts at maximum starting from April until October. Otherwise AC still blasts almost year long but not as bad. So, indoor there is no humidity unless you use a humidifier.
              Welcome again and keep us posted on how you cope with AC.

Regards,

George

Comment

Good Luck

Delilah,
                Good luck with your move and job hunt. Hope Atlanta is easier on your eyes.

Billye

Comment

Sorry Folks Change of Plans

Okay ya'll can kick my behind but I've decided not to move just quite yet, I will be retaking my board exams in Feb hopefully I won't have to move then? I did love the humidity but I got to thinking 1500 miles is too far from my family Sorry ya'll have to deal with my indecisivness My dry eye is at it's worst right now, we have below freezing weather right now, life is really confusing for me everyone, hopefully I will find my right spot Anyway's here I will stay in Idaho for a bit longer. God Bless Love Delilah

Comment

Do what feels right. You are a member of the DEZ family no matter where you live! Good luck on those boards! Have you considered Western WA or Western OR? More humidity but not so far from home, and lots of job opps!
                    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Working...
                    X