Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

painful little lumps on eyelid and eyelid margin of bad eye..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painful little lumps on eyelid and eyelid margin of bad eye..

I have been noticing that since using warm compresses little white lumps have become visible on eye lid and lid margin also a couple underneath lash line on my bad eye ..My mgd seems more apparent on this eye the pain is there constantly compared to other... can this mean that the glands in eyelid have started to clear a bit.../?? or is this just wishful thinking..will the doxycyline eventually get rid of these pearly looking tiny lumps as it looks awful, been on doxy 3 weeks now..regards and love to all on this site...cb.

I get those bumps all the time. They are clogged glands. I simply wash my hands and then using my nail, just scratch them off. They are like pimples....if you put pressure on your lid right under them, and push they will pop sometimes. I get rid of them because they rub against my eye so it always feel like there is something in my eye. It sounds like you have the same thing.

Comment

Clogged Glands

Obviously when dealing with your eyes it is imperative that you are gentle. i personally first use a hand sanitizer (usually like 60% isopropyl alcohol) before putting my fingers in/and around my eyes. Fingernails are handy for so many things, but I get concerned about the bacteria that gets under them, so I usually use a warm moistened Q-Tip and gently remove the white bumps. If they are reluctant, you can try hot compresses first. These are not things coming from a doctor, but they seem to help me.

Comment

thanks for the tip on removing little lumps...

Originally posted by Jade9923
        I get those bumps all the time. They are clogged glands. I simply wash my hands and then using my nail, just scratch them off. They are like pimples....if you put pressure on your lid right under them, and push they will pop sometimes. I get rid of them because they rub against my eye so it always feel like there is something in my eye. It sounds like you have the same thing.
        thanks for your reply, well tonight il try what you said then..regards cb..

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
          Fingernails are handy for so many things, but I get concerned about the bacteria that gets under them, so I usually use a warm moistened Q-Tip and gently remove the white bumps. If they are reluctant, you can try hot compresses first.
          Ditto from me. The idea of nails too near my cornea also makes me a little nervous... one little slip and ouch.

I'm a little concerned at what you describe though, getting bumps apparently as a result of compresses (as opposed to using compresses to help deal with them). Too much heat, too much frequency, some other irritating factor maybe?
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

fingernails yuck

It is a known medical fact that staph can be carried under the fingernails. Do you have any idea what would happen if you got a staph infection in the eye?!!

Also, I saw a news show on tv that talked about the rate of death among premature babies. They were talking about the large numbers of deaths. They traced it to the artificial fingernails nurses were wearing. Steps have been taken to stop this from happening but can you even imagine putting a fingernail on your eyelid, when the germs that are under it could kill a baby?

Not me!!

Billye

Comment

I have to echo Rebecca's concern about the bumps appearing after doing the compresses.

It is possible to overstimulate oil production. It happens with acne all the time. Your eyes and skin could be sensitive and easily over-stimulated.

There are a lot of different ways to do the compresses and you might want to try something different. Let us know how it goes.

Charmee

Comment

Working...
              X