Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Dr In NJ

Hello:

I am new to the site and am wondering if anyone knows of a good Opthomaligist in NJ (central) although I would certainly not mind driving to find one that would actually help me. I have a relativley new doctor, however, despite the fact that I told him the routine my prior dr had me on did not work, he prescribed the EXACT same???

Thanks, Jeff

Hi there,

I can't help personally with a dr. suggestion but I'm curious, what was the treatment prescribed that did not help? (Knowing what you've tried or not is helpful in getting tips from others around here.)
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Hello Rebbeca:

Initally I was diagnosed with Epliscleritis (8 years ago). I was given a steriod drop of some kind that I was suppose to use until it was used up (took about 1 week) and then it should have cleared up. When it did not clear up, I returned to Wills Eye and told to do lid scrubs and that it would clear up on its own. (Never Happened)

Currently I am seeing a new opthomologist that has me doing the following:

1. TheraTears = 2 Drops In Each Eye Every Hour or More
      2. Thera Tears Gel = 4 Drops in Each eye before bed
      3. 2 HydroEye Supplements in the morning and at dinner
      4. Omega-3 , 1000mg with each meal

This treatment has helped a little, however, the redness remains

On my last visit, last week, he put in Collagen plugs in both eyes on the lower punctum. So far they seem to be helping as well, but still the redness remains.

I have another visit this week upcoming and assume I will be taking an additonal step of some sort....I remain optomistic

Jeff

Comment

Was given permanent lower plugs. Seems as though they are not as effective as I had hoped and my eyes seem reder than ever. Doc wants to see me in 4 weeks to see if the lower plugs are giving me any relife. Does this sound normal or is he moving TOOOOO slow>???

Comment

Working...
        X