trouble crying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble crying

Do any of you with dry eye, also have trouble crying?

Thank you. goaliegal4

After being diagnosed with severe dry eyes, I thought I wouldn't be able to cry at all. I went to see "Million Dollar Baby" and totally blew that theory away!
    Someone somewhere on these threads explained they are different types of water. You might want to hunt through some of the old postings and see what they have to say.

Comment

I have been diagnosed as having aqueous deficient (as opposed to evaporative) dry eye. I cannot cry at all. In fact this was what alerted me to the problem early on. I crashed a car and wanted to cry but no tears came out. This might help you in your treatment plan. I would suggest getting a schimmer test done if you havent already. (this is a good test for aqueous deficient). Treatment options for aqueous deficient include drops(I found Theratears preservative free to be the best as they are clearly the most water like and least oily of all the ones I have tried, if you only have aqueous deficient the last thing you want is more oil). Restasis is worth considering. Plugs (get the ones which have are shaped like T so that they can be removed easily, they also seem to hold more tears in the eyes than the ones that go right in). You might want to look at a supplement like Biotears. Thats about it really. hope this helps

Comment

[QUOTE=markL]I have been diagnosed as having aqueous deficient (as opposed to evaporative) dry eye. I cannot cry at all. In fact this was what alerted me to the problem early on. I crashed a car and wanted to cry but no tears came out.

If Androgen is approved you should see a real help from it. I was in the study. It had one placebo and three different strengths of androgen. I got a real one. I don't know the strength. The first two weeks were bad but after that I had moisture for the first time years. Dr. Sall said it is is approved he would recommend six months on Restasis then six months on Androgen.
        GOGO

Comment

Working...
        X