Neil... where are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil... where are you?

I've seen a few of your posts, but I haven't really heard how you are doing. Hope you are doing well with you Sclerals and that everything else is okay with you!

-Julie

[raising hand]

Here!

Sclerals are still a good thing, but ...

1) My doctor wants to look at me "several times" before prescribing the over-the-scleral glasses. With his schedule, that means weeks (and weeks), so I'm still dealing with 20/70 in one eye and 20/40 in the other. Reading's just out of the picture until that's fixed;

2) It's possible that the lenses, and the saline within, are actually helping in a totally unexpected way. They may be straightening out my exotropic (turned outward) eyes somewhat. That's one reason we need to look a few times: see if it's real or just a fluke;

3) Since Boston, I've had a fe-ro-cious sinus infection that has simply whooped my tush. I'm hitting it with all the home remedy/over-the-counter stuff, but not in a big hurry to jump on antibiotics, so ... I'm layin' pret-ty low. Benzalkonium Chloride--if you didn't know--is also brutal on sinuses (rhinitis medicamentosa). Years of BAK have made my already-lousy sinuses just that much worse.

So ... once I get healthy AND get glasses ... look out

Thanks for thinking of me. Sorry I've been a bit removed. Just really difficult to read right now.....

Comment

I'm glad to hear that the sclerals are helping your dry eyes and that you are having some unexpected benefits. I can't wait to hear more once you get over your sinus infection and get some glasses to wear over your sclerals.

We miss you!

Comment

HI Neil,
        I'm convinced that they'll manage to better correct your eyesight... Based on my own experience, it took me a least 6 months to get the appropriate correction (even 1 and half to reach the "optimal" correction, second pair of lenses).
        Since the curvature of the sclera isn't that regular, (there isn't any easy way to calculate of the ideal curvature as in corneal lenses so) it does take more time to adapt the lenses, but their three-dimensional refractive options are wider as you can imagine... but then again in sort of an empirical way!
        So I'm certain that your sight will improve... and it does sounds wise to wait a little before buying glasses that you may have to change soon.
        When are you going back to Boston?
        or to Paris? remember, we need to schedule a visit to the Old Orleans (to visit Cécile's grand-mère and other well-known features the region has to offer)...
        Hang in there. Play safe.

Comment

Neil, you probably already know this, but if and when you get your glasses-over Rx, consider the new Physio 360 line of high index lenses by Varilux. The design and optics are excellent, in my opinion. No glasses are perfect, but I have to say, these are the best I've tried. But as you say--you have to get the Rx correct, and that can be difficult.
          Good to hear from you--hope you feel better fast.
          C66

Comment

Working...
          X