Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impacted Wisdom Teeth and Eye Pain

Hi all,
    I have seen some mention of dental issues and thought I would pose this question. Does anynody know if there could be some correlation between impacted wisdom teeth and eye pain? My dentist told me years ago that I should have them removed, but of course I said "Why? They don't hurt." Well, over the last several years I have been getting bad headaches on the left side of my head. The pain, sometimes very severe, can radiate down the left side of my neck, my jaw and even into the left eye area. Perhaps, coincidentally, my left eye has always been the driest and the glands in the eyelids are very hard to express. Conversely, my right eye (though still dry) usually does better throughout the day, and the eyelids respond very well to massage/expression. I wonder if there is direct correlation here? I know that problems with certain facial nerves can trigger dry eye (although i don't recall the mechanism-) and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts.
    Thanks guys,
    Eli

I used to have some of your symptoms when I had both

1) impacted wisdom tooth
    2) tooth #11 (also known as the eye-tooth) requiring root canal

I actually got repeated sinus infections through tooth #11, or as the doctor put it, "the bullet missed my brain". He also said this could "kill me in my sleep" which scared me into the surgery.

During the symptoms, I felt a connection between tooth sensations and movements of my left eye. It's like my nerve system has gone haywire. After the removal of wisdom tooth and patching up tooth #11 the symptoms were gone (knock on wood).

Even so, when my eyes get especially dry, I start to get a headache and sometimes random shoots of pain into some teeth. I try not to let it get to that point with Liquigel, microbreaks, and hot compresses.

Comment

It is not so easy to deal with the dental problems but if you want to have the best treatment then it is important to take a look at the feedbacks from other people. I also had to get the cavity filling and teeth cleaning service so got the recommendations for the best dentist Hermosa Beach from my acquaintances and finally found the reliable service.

Comment

Working...
      X