two questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two questions

I have read a number of posts advising against lasik. Is there anyone on this board that had either no adverse reactions after the surgery OR had them but managed to get over dry eyes? My sister (age 62) had the lasik several years ago and she had no problems whatsoever.

Second, I just started doing lid scrubs a few days ago and I noticed that sometimes my eyes would itch for 30 - 60 minutes afterward. Is that a good sign or a bad one?

Originally posted by darcie
    Second, I just started doing lid scrubs a few days ago and I noticed that sometimes my eyes would itch for 30 - 60 minutes afterward. Is that a good sign or a bad one?
    It may mean some kind of temporary irritation from something in the lidscrub product. - Personally, for a long time I used nothing but Qtips with unpreserved saline (Unisol). For the last month or so I've been using Ocusoft foaming lid scrub (original formula) and it seems to agree very well with my eyes. But the pre-moistened pads do not agree with me at all.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

lid scrubs itching

Interesting point, Rebecca. I do not seem to have the itching when I use the pre-moistened stuff. However, when I use a Q-tip with castor oil, it bothers me a bit. I wonder if it's the Q-tip or the castor oil?

Comment

Almost definately the castor oil, unless you are using the q-tips with the anti-bacterial coating (it would say so very clearly on the packaging). Despite having anti-inflamatory qualities, some people are quite irritated by it.

Comment

Working...
        X