Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rub me up wrong way

Hello.
    I am not having a lot of luck with the lid hygiene routine - not much improvement after several weeks.
    I wonder if I am fiddling about with the eye lids too much - maybe causing more irritation than I am fixing? When I have an irritated eye, I try to express some meibum out the lids by pinching them gently together or sometimes pressing or rubbing against eye to force some fluid out.
    If the inside of the lid is inflamed (which I think is the problem) maybe I am pressing a bad surface against the eye.
    Sometimes I feel like the eye is ok while open but when a blink happens the lid is scratching the eye. It is hard to tell as the blink is so fast. Does this make sense to anybody?
    Ta
    Bruce.
    Occupation - Optimistologist

I'm finding that a warm compress without any massage or lid manipulation does better for me. I agree that if your lids are already inflamed, squeezing them and poking at them isn't likely to help. In fact, if my lids feel really bad (which I think may be due to my allergies), then a cool compress feels better. Just my experience.

Kathel

Comment

Working...
    X