Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House dust anyone?

Hi All

In my ongoing search for my DE triggers I am now considering dust - the room I use as an office can get quite dusty and I was wondering if anyone had achieved any kind of improvement in their eyes by eliminating as much dust as possible? Is it logical that dust can worsen DES?

I will have to fire the maid

Thanks

Ell
    The magic gloop IS out there somewhere - right?

I'm beginning to think house dust (or mites) is a trigger for me, too. Like you, I hang out in an office that's dusty. Did a major cleaning effort last week---but these changes in environment can be slow to show results.

My recent visit to my mom's place produced major eye problems. Her place is so cluttered that it hasn't been vacuumed in God knows how long. It's not exactly "dirty," but I suspect there's allergens or mites in the carpet.

I think city pollution is also a trigger for me. I had fewer bad days when I worked in a rural national park (just quit job this spring). Now that I'm exposed to rush hour truck and car fumes, my eyes act up more often.

C66

Comment

Hello all,

I searched the medical literature the other day, after finding out that I have multiple allergies, and I found some studies that show that patients with allergic conjunctivitis frequently do have dry eye symptoms and tear film instability, thought to be due to toxic effects on the goblet cells (which secrete mucin) by inflammatory mediators. One study showed that three weeks of treatment with Patanol drops significantly increased TBUT and goblet cell density. I started using Pataday (the once daily version of Patanol) this weekend. The first day was like a miracle! I felt normal. Subsequent days not so dramatic, but I'll keep using it and hope this will be helpful. Allergen avoidance is also very important, if possible. (hard with dust mites and molds).

Kathel

Comment

You should get an air purifier. Coz even if you remove dust by cleaning its still in the air. wash bedding at 90c.
        I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Originally posted by EllMitcho
          Hi All

In my ongoing search for my DE triggers I am now considering dust - the room I use as an office can get quite dusty and I was wondering if anyone had achieved any kind of improvement in their eyes by eliminating as much dust as possible? Is it logical that dust can worsen DES?

I will have to fire the maid

Thanks

Ell

My eyes always start burning after I dust so you are not alone. It's probably why I don't dust very often!!! Fortunately I live where we get a lot of rain so not much dust to contend with.

Laura

Comment

Working...
          X