Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm little concern about Lotemax side effects...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm little concern about Lotemax side effects...

See like a month ago my doctor put me on Lotemax for 3 weeks because I had this minor inflammation on my upper eyelid. I know the side effects are bad for Lotemax, but thats only if you use it for like a year or so straight right? Is it possible for Lotemax to give you side effects within 3 weeks of using it. And if you have the side effect would you know it...?

Please give me some incite about this stuff.

Severe prolong side effects

Reactions associated with ophthalmic steroids include elevated intraocular pressure, which may be associated with optic nerve damage, visual acuity and field defects, posterior subcapsular cataract formation, secondary ocular infection from pathogens including herpes simplex, and perforation of the globe where there is thinning of the cornea or sclera.

Unless you are a steroid responder (hypersensitive to steroids) 3 weeks of treatment should not cause any harm. If you are concerned, go have your intra ocular pressure checked. You could probably pop in and have a tech do it without an appointment.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

I mean nothing happen to my eyes while taking it. I'm just little paranoid when it comes to side effects. Ya I doubt it would cause any problems without me noticing.

Comment

Almost as important, does the Lotemax help you at all? It has quickly become a very popular initial treatment, although as you know it can't be used indefinately as far as I'm aware.

Comment

Lotemax is the ONLY thing that has brought me relief. Unfortunately, it only helps as long as you are using it.
          Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

ya long term use can cause bad side effects though.

Comment

Working...
            X