Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have any good tips to sleep better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have any good tips to sleep better?

Could someone who knows well about how sleep well give me some pointers?

Tranquileyes

First of all, I'd get me a pair of Tranquileyes from the Dry Eye Shop or thru the Eyeeco website. I cannot sleep without them.

Billye

Comment

Some things that have always worked for me are:

1. Exercise. Even if I miss one day, I have trouble sleeping that night.
      2. I only sleep in my bedroom. It is very tiny, and I cannot fit something in it like a desk, but I avoid working in bed or writing out bills, etc.
      3. I don't drink anything an hour and a half before going to sleep. Getting up in the middle of the night (when I'm not battling the erosion cycle) sometimes makes it hard for me to fall back to sleep.
      4. Pick a nice thing that you like to think about that relaxes you. Try not to let worrisome things interfere with your daydreaming that can turn into night dreaming for real.

Comment

Okay thanks guys...

Comment

Make sure the room is dark, cool and quiet. Use any type of sleep mask for now. Use ear plugs if you need to. Go to bed at the same time each night and get up at the same time each morning. Eat a light protein snack before retiring. In addition, I echo everything everyone else has said. Also no caffeine after noon and no more than one glass of wine no later than 5 pm. If you smoke, quit. It is bad for DES and it is a stimulant. Lastly, you can try some sub lingual (under the tongue) Melatonin. Good luck!
          Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

...and if you have decent health care available, consider seeing a physician about possible prescription drugs. Many of them are non habit forming and might be worth a try if it makes a difference with your dry eyes.

I sympathize with you. Give all these good tips a try. I try to stop drinking much in the way of fluids after 9 pm as suggested, but have not seen results from exercising. If you have trouble wearing a sleep mask, then consider getting blockout shades for your windows.

Melatonin puts you to sleep but is not documented as a method of STAYING asleep. With me, the effect wore off very quickly.

Liz, I've slipped up on the worrying at bedtime deal - thanks for reminding me to try to turn off that mind.

Good luck,
            Elegiamore

Comment

Thanks !!!!!! Ill try these tips out, Thanks for all the support...

Comment

will curtains work just as good as block out shades?

Comment

Oh ya and i was wondering does it help to keep the light from window off of you even if you are asleep? In other works would it effect my REM sleep having the sunlight on me while i'm sleeping?

Comment

Tribal-
                    One other thing that may prove useful is the use of earplugs. (Obviously not for your eyes, it won't help.) If you are a light sleeper like me, any noise wakes you up. This leads to being AWAKE and tossing and turning. If anyone around you SNORES, this helps block out the sound. I see all the ladies' hands going up (including mine).

If you are a sound sleeper, this suggestion is of little use. My Tranquileyes and ear plugs are part of my evening attire.

PS. after I posted, I see Kitty suggested ear plugs. duh.
                    Last edited by Lucy; 28-Jul-2007, 12:09. Reason: adding p.s.
                    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

ya i'm not so much a sound person, more of light person hahahah. If i had someone snoring by me too , i'm pretty sure i would get ear plugs then .

Comment

Working...
                      X