Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eyes are bloodshot but no pain

hi everyone hope everyones eyes are alright,
    like i said my eyes will be blood shot red and i will have no discomfort, pain, or anything. is this normal for a person who have DES? this leads me to another question are there different types of dry eyes?

Hi yes red eyes/bloodshot are a symptom of dry eye. Maybe its ocular rocasea? If you watch DrLs video just posted he mentioned how red eye which is 'really dry eye'. I dont really know anything more about this so many be someone else can help. I have no red eyes but lots of symptoms so i think it can work both ways.
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

MVeyes.....i have the same thing...always red eyes but very very little problems...they burn me with artificial lights and when i use Pc...so they get redder...after 5 doctors here in Italy (everyone told me different things) ...i decided to visit Latkany since i'm gonna be in new york next week....i also wrote him in his forum section and he said that can be Rosacea and/or conjuctivities.....well if you want i'll let know after going to him and i hope you find a very good doctor since there is a lot if ignorance. btw i never had vision problems or stuff like that . only red eyes all day long (i'm 22 and this goes on since 4-5 years ago ..you can imagine my social "pain") .
      Francesco

sorry 4 my english

Comment

Tobradex

I've been having bloodshot eyes for a couple of weeks. I saw an ophthalmologist today and he prescribed Tobradex 4 times a day for a week. He also said I should stop wearing my soft contacts for now. I asked about any side effects of these eyedrops but he said it's safe if used short term. Have you guys had any problems with Tobradex?

Comment

Also

I forgot to add that there's no pain, burning or itchiness. They're just bloodshot and scary looking LOL

Comment

Hello.
            I don't see why this should be a major problem. As there is no pain or discomfort I think this means the tear film is healthy. Dunno about Torbradex but vasoconstrictors are not a good idea.
            Rgds
            Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

Tobradex

Yeah I try not to use vasoconstrictors because of the rebound effect. But anyway my eyes now are too red to be treated by vasoconstrictors. The doctor said I have an infection. I looked up Tobradex on the web, it contains an antibiotic (Tobramycin) to treat bacterial infections and a steroid (Dexamethasone) to treat swelling and inflammation.

Comment

Leo, Due to Tobradex having a steroid (Dexamethasone) included along with the antibiotic, my bit of advice, due to actual experience, is not to abuse this drug and be certain to go to your follow-up appointments and have your pressure tested. I had an experience where my pressure shot up to 36 being on Tobradex for 4 weeks after eye surgery. Initially, the first two weeks your pressure does not noticeably change; then it can begin to climb rapidly. I now have "steroid-induced glaucoma" added to my MANY OTHER ISSUES. This particular dr while taking my pressure at the end of the 4-week duration asked me this question "Are you taking any steroids?" At my next visit to my regular Opth, she stated "Tobradex HAS STERIODS IN IT!!!!" Sorry, I went off topic and vented... As long as you are under Dr. care and very involved in managing your eye care, Tobradex does do wonders! And your Dr. was correct in advising you, this drug is only safe for a short-term duration. God Bless!!

Comment

I took Tobradex and I didn't know it could be so dangerous. I have a prescription for Blephamide but I haven't taken it yet. I'm trying to treat my MGD naturally.

Comment

Will Tobradex do any damage to my nasal septum?

This might sound silly but I'll ask anyway: will Tobradex do any damage to my nasal septum because of the steroids in it? When I insert the drops in my eyes I can feel them sometimes in my nose and can even taste them. I feel a little weird pressure on the right side of my septum too so that's why I'm asking. I've been using Tobradex for 3 days now and still got 4 days to go.

Comment

Working...
                    X