Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakshmi Kohl (Eye Liner)

Hi Fellow Sufferers,
    I have a MGD story for about one year now and have found something that really helps a lot. It's an eye liner from a german company (Lakshmi, based on ayurvedic tradition) which includes ingredients such as castor oil and lanolin. They offer an eyeliner for men as well (Kohl Night Supercold) which is invisible. It's indicated for dry eyes and protects your eyes from environmental factors.
    It came across my mind in a german blepharitis sufferer forum where a guy that suffered for 5 years finally got almost symptom free within one week with the kohl. I ordered the eye liner, started two weeks ago and it improved my symptoms instantely on the first day about 50%. Unfortunately my eyes got irritated (redness) the next day, so I had to stop and felt very unhappy. But I did not give up so fast on it and meanwhile, it seems like my eyes does not get irritated anymore. Maybe also because I took the advice of Mr. Latkany to rinse your eyes after lid cleaning before going to bed out with a few drops of an artificial tear. So I am quite happy with it right now, let's hope it stays like this and that the underlying causes for my MGD and bleph improve as well soon (which I am also working hard on;-)). If you need any help with ordering the product because the web site is in german, write me a PM. Here is the link: http://www.lakshmi.de/kholkajals.html
    keep going!

Thanks for the info- I read the homepage and it sounds very interesting. I just ordered a Lakshmi Khol Black Cold. I will let you know whether I like it or not! :-)

Comment

Hello, I am a fellow sufferer from South Africa and have chronic dry eye syndrome esacerbated by a dry climate and previous eye surgery which was unsuccessful. I have had this condition for 20 years and now have to use a special ointment every night to prevent the formation of corneal ulcers. This kohl pencil sounds wonderful and I am prepared to try anything which may help. Please can you help me to order a black one?
      Look forward to hearing from you.
      Originally posted by alberat
      Hi Fellow Sufferers,
      I have a MGD story for about one year now and have found something that really helps a lot. It's an eye liner from a german company (Lakshmi, based on ayurvedic tradition) which includes ingredients such as castor oil and lanolin. They offer an eyeliner for men as well (Kohl Night Supercold) which is invisible. It's indicated for dry eyes and protects your eyes from environmental factors.
      It came across my mind in a german blepharitis sufferer forum where a guy that suffered for 5 years finally got almost symptom free within one week with the kohl. I ordered the eye liner, started two weeks ago and it improved my symptoms instantely on the first day about 50%. Unfortunately my eyes got irritated (redness) the next day, so I had to stop and felt very unhappy. But I did not give up so fast on it and meanwhile, it seems like my eyes does not get irritated anymore. Maybe also because I took the advice of Mr. Latkany to rinse your eyes after lid cleaning before going to bed out with a few drops of an artificial tear. So I am quite happy with it right now, let's hope it stays like this and that the underlying causes for my MGD and bleph improve as well soon (which I am also working hard on;-)). If you need any help with ordering the product because the web site is in german, write me a PM. Here is the link: http://www.lakshmi.de/kholkajals.html
      keep going!

Comment

..Thanks for posting this!! Sounds very interesting.

Greetings, Toril

Comment

This sounds great, but because the siteis in German I am having difficulty trying to purchase one! any tips?

Comment

Do we have any german interpreters on this board anywhere.

I have sent away a request for some info on this product (in English) but I have no idea what I have asked for as the only German I remember from school is counting from 1 to 10 - talk about useful life skills.

I would be interested to hear if anyone has any feedback on this product or is able to provide more details on it.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Hi,
              I speak German. I tried to find the stuff in Hamburg last month, I went to a dozen shops , but no luck. It sounds intriguing.
              Maybe the pharmacy can order it for me.
              The web site wants a local address in Germany, by postal code, to e-mail you a list of retailers in that area.
              I was in a hotel and didnt know the postal code, so I skipped it.
              Give me some time and I'll give it another try , and let you know what I can find out.

Another thought might be to try the Indian community in your area. It is pretty big in the UK, as I remember.
              Last edited by skygoddess; 16-Oct-2007, 09:46.

Comment

Eureka!

I found a similar product on the following English websites. I know the Priate one is funny, but it seems like the same thing. I'm going to try and see!

http://www.realpiratesweareyeliner.com/

http://www.indiaabundance.com/fronte...r_SH_Hm_sl.asp

Also, ULTA has a product as well:

http://www.ulta.com/control/product/~product_id=2115552

Good Luck!
                Last edited by momaxwell; 28-Oct-2007, 16:46.

Comment

momaxwell, if you try any of these can you please report back on how it works out? I can't imagine how this product could stay in place with those types of ingredients - seems to me they would end up bleeding all over after awhile (with body heat). That would be fine if it was clear, but with color?? I am also concerned about it plugging up glands. I don't know anything about this, but I'm hoping someone else reports some favorable results.

Comment

hey, I'm German, so if you need any help, let me know!!!

Comment

so far so good

I ordered from the Pirate site and got Lakme Kajal (from India). So far, it is going great. My eyes are much less red and seem to hold up quite a bit better throughout the day. It does smear a little, but I just carry a make-up sponge with me to clean up. I really only need to do this once an hour after application and I am good for the rest of the day. I have black hair, so the black is not that dramatic on me, however, if you are worried about it you might just try plain Castor Oil and see how that works. This product appealed to me because it was a make-up that could (and most importantly) help my eyes. I do a number of other things daily for my eyes, but so far this product is great. I was even able to wear contacts on the weekend without any problems. I'll let you know as time progresses.

Comment

Do you walk around all day saying, "Aaaarrrrrrrr, you scurvy dog..."?
                        Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Only when I wear my eye patch.

Comment

Im ordering too

I have ordered a kohl kajal too. I hope I can get it soon!

Comment

Castor oil in eye liner

I'm tempted to try this liner but have you seen the research abstract posted on Dry Eye Zone about castor oil being toxic to eyes?

http://dryeyedigest.blogspot.com/200...astor-oil.html

Comment

Working...
                              X