No announcement yet.

Question for Dr. Latkany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The doctor I saw was not too sympathetic. He plugged my uppers because my Sch. tests were 1 and 2, which I already know. I have had these plugs before and they have not offered any help, but he wanted to do it anyway. I have pure aqeauous deficiency (which I knew) but he couldn't attribute it to any root cause. He said typically they don't "go on fishing expeditions" to find the root cause.

He offered no suggestion as to why restasis hurts several hours after instillation for me. Looks like I am off to NYC to see Dr Latkany.

Comment

If you (and Dr. Latkany) will forgive my facetiousness, whaddya suppose the odds are he'll agree that you have "pure" aqueous deficiency with no traceable cause....!
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

I agree...I felt like jumping out of my chair and punching him.

Comment

I have had these plugs before and they have not offered any help, but he wanted to do it anyway. I have pure aqeauous deficiency
          I find it strange that you have pure aqaeous deficiency but plugs were of no help. Are you sure you dont have some MGD going on as well, that wud explain plugs not helping. I mean just coz they havent diagnosed it doesnt mean you dont have it, as docs often dont know much about it and the tests to diagnose it are not great. In the UK, most dont even test for it, god knows why when studys show 80% of dry eye is evaportaive.
          I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Working...
          X