Blepharitis & Meibomianitis People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blepharitis & Meibomianitis People

How often do you yawn in the morning or throughout the day?

For me, it seems rare. But when it does happen my eyes feel alot more normal, if you know what I mean. They feel soft and everything just opens up. I feel in control!

Anyone else notice this connection?

Also what's up with NSAIDs are they proven to help blepharitis/mgd? I can't really take them much because of my Ulcerative Colitis, plus I work out. So that would be a double negative (they hault muscle growth, for people wondering.)

And pills like Oxycotton and Methadone, I think they are vasoconstrictors.

Well I just tried to do some research and it seems like they aren't vasoconstrictors. But I do them sometimes and they make my pupils constricted and my vision almost always clears up when I do them. It seems like they would be a vasoconstrictor from common sense but maybe its something different and has properties that make your eyes constrict which would be...?

Anyway... does anyone with MGD/bleph see these consistancies at all? Or am I crazy?

Last question. Any bleph people have sticky eyes after eye drops? I can't seem to find one that doesn't leave them sticky.

-Tim
    Last edited by clairvoyant; 01-Aug-2007, 04:57.
    Which is it? Is it what you know or who you know? Or is it how well you convey what you know to who you know it to?

-Tim

Tim

I do get reflex tears when I yawn which does feel great. But they don't last and don't have a lasting effect.

I only take NSAIDs (ibuprofen) when the blepharitis is really bad and my eyes/lids ache. So my experience is nill as far as any effect on my vision.

Natalie

PS: The only tears that don't leave my eyes feeling "sticky" are Theratears non-preserved.

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate the reply.
      Which is it? Is it what you know or who you know? Or is it how well you convey what you know to who you know it to?

-Tim

Comment

yawning and anti inflammatories

Hi,
        Yes I do find that yawning really helps my eyes to water.
        Also, I have noticed that when I take ponstan (mefanamic acid sp?) for menstrual pain, that the inflammation along my eyelids is considerably lessened. I have heard though that there are side effects to taking ponstan too frequently. Elaine

Comment

Yawning seems to produce a negative pressure that "pulls" tears out of the lacrimal glands. I have a theory that when we yawn because we're tired, it's really because our eyes are tired, and it's nature's way of providing moisture. Just my musings. I have also found that Motrin, Advil, etc, does provide some eye pain relief. Unfortunately, the topical non-steroidals, such as Nefenac drops, can actually exacerbate dry eye, according to Dr. Pflugfelder. I don't know about the orals.

Kathel

Comment

Have you seen Dr. Pflugfelder?

Comment

Yes, I saw Dr. Pflugfelder last year.

Kathel

Comment

I am often yawning but don't find any difference. Kathel - not "seems" but "does" is correct about negative pressure. When you blink the punctua produce the same negative pressure to suck old tears away from the eye. Yawning does the same via the sinus system which connects ear/nose/eye/throat via tubes and cavities.
                Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

i yawn a lot - I found early on it was a good way to give me quick, but not lasting relief
                  I am also on NSAIDS- In my case Naprosyn + cytotec (the later to protect the stomach from NSAID induced ulcers)I have to take it for arthritis but have no idea if it helps the DE - certainly not obviously.It definately helps the arthritis
                  Stella

Comment

Working...
                  X