Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advil Liqui-Gels for eye pain

Hello,
    Wanted to post this as have found that when my eyes ache intensely from the dryness and light sensitivity, advil liqui-gels seem to really help. The eye pain usually turns into a headache. Not sure how many other people experience this kind of eye pain. Usually when I mention it to people, they generally tell me that they don't have this problem.
    Anyway, I have been taking the advil along with my salagen. I put in some Bion Tears and lie in the dark for 1/2 hour to an hour and seem to be able to function again for a couple of hours or so.
    Hope this helps you too,
    Elaine

I don't know about Advil Liquigel but I use Theratears Liquigel and Bion Tears, depending on circumstances. However, my best find during the whole dry eye thing was that no tears compare to my own.

When I wear sealed eyewear, and give my eyes a few minutes to humidify the air inside, it comes close to having no dry eye syndrome at all. It's not perfect but no artificial tears come anywhere close to having this effect. There's no comparison.

Comment

Hi Jack_Bristow,

Just curious what type of sealed eye wear do you wear?

Thanks,

George

Comment

Originally posted by laine
        advil liqui-gels seem to really help.
        Are you saying you take the Advil, or do you put it in your eye?

I find that taking Advil helps with eye pain when the irritation becomes just too uncontrollable. Makes it more bearable until I can go to bed with Genteal Gel and Tranquileyes Mask.

C66

Comment

I'm thinking (we'll find out) that she takes Advil Liquigel orally as she said "it turns into a headache."

Don't anyone do Advil in the eye puhleeze.
          Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeT
            Hi Jack_Bristow,

Just curious what type of sealed eye wear do you wear?

Thanks,

George
            George, I wear Seal XP goggles (the clear/clear version).

Comment

Working...
            X