(Price) Reality Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Price) Reality Check

I had an RX for ZYMAR 0.3%, which is an antibiotic to treat infections of the eye. I got the RX filled and paid with lots of groceries. I just checked the RX bag to see what the price of the eyedrop was.

Retail without insurance=$74.57. With my insurance, I paid $22.33. It's been awhile since I've bought any RX eye meds and just thought I'd see how expensive it was.
    Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

This is ridiculous the prices for these eye meds. I pay $30 for my FreshKote prescription and that is AFTER insurance.

Comment

Of course on the other hand, if an eye medication-say Restasis-actually made my eyes feel like they used to, I would gladly pay 3 times what I am now!

Comment

yea i bought patonal rx when i was in the states i think over $80-$100+ cant remember now, but i remember thinking omg thats expensive for a one month eye drop. Is it the same for other health conditions or just eyes? Are health care is crap but perscriptions ussualy nhs arent to expensive.
        I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

radio 2 phone in

for anyone who is interested especially people in the U.K radio 2 are doing a phone in on monday 6th August (next monday) re Lasik/Lasek eye surgery at 1pm. You can pre register your call on the internet, jeremy vine health hr. Maybe worth a listen for all us dry eye sufferers due to lasik.

Comment

Working...
          X