Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from Dr. Latkany..Questions!

Hi,
    i just got back in Italy from New York...Dr. Latkany was very gentle...he told me that my redness is partly due to that fact the i don't close completely my eyes (when i blink during the day and when i sleep) and also maybe i have an allergy (dust or something that i will check soon) ....he suggested me tranquileyes goggle and Refresh PM ointment at night. Could someone please help me using Traquileyes (that i bought) effectively:

- do i have to soak the pads in something in my case???
    - what about how to wash the pads and when to replace them or buy a new tranquileyes???
    - also i see there are a lot of accessories...do i need something else???
    - do you think it's worth using also an ointment (such as Refresh PM) and how to clean my eyes when i wake up???

sorry for all these questions! Thanks a lot

Hi there and welcome. Glad you got to see Dr. Latkany.

Originally posted by Francesco
    Hi,
    Could someone please help me using Traquileyes (that i bought) effectively:

- do i have to soak the pads in something in my case???
    - what about how to wash the pads and when to replace them or buy a new tranquileyes???
    - also i see there are a lot of accessories...do i need something else???
    - do you think it's worth using also an ointment (such as Refresh PM) and how to clean my eyes when i wake up???
    WHETHER TO SOAK PADS
    There are 3 ways to use Tranquileyes. If I were you I'd just experiment and find which helps you most.
    1) Dry. Just putting the goggle on as-is will give quite a lot of protection at night.
    2) With moistened pads. Soak them in (if possible) distilled water - warm is best. Then squeeze out excess water and put them in the goggle. This keeps a nice moist environment around the eyes.
    3) With Thermoeyes. (Comes in a separate kit.) The Thermoeyes inserts heat up the goggle for a little while and raise the humidity so that it's more humid for longer.

Personally, I use it dry some of the time and moist some of the time. Just depends how my eyes feel.

WASHING THE PADS

Wash out the moisture pads (the removeable round ones) AFTER EVERY USE with an antibacterial soap and let them air dry. This is very important! You don't want bacteria next to your eyes at night.

Wash the goggle with the stick-on foam ("eye cushions") once a week if you use the goggle every day.

Replace the complete foam sets every 1-2 months, or earlier if they start to peel away from the goggle. To do this, peel the foam very slowly off the goggle (too quick will leave residue that is hard to remove) and wash or use a little rubbing alcohol to remove residue. Then apply a new set.

You shouldn't need to replace the whole goggle.

ACCESSORIES

You don't need anything else. You just need replacement foam now and then. Some people find that they have to replace the head wrap. I've never had to change mine. If you like the goggle generally, you might want to buy the heat inserts sometime. But make sure the goggle is working well for you first.

Re ointment: Follow dr.'s directions. One issue with ointment though is it may make cleaning the goggle a little harder... not sure about this because I don't use ointments but maybe others can comment.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris
      Hi there and welcome. Glad you got to see Dr. Latkany.

WHETHER TO SOAK PADS
      There are 3 ways to use Tranquileyes. If I were you I'd just experiment and find which helps you most.
      1) Dry. Just putting the goggle on as-is will give quite a lot of protection at night.
      2) With moistened pads. Soak them in (if possible) distilled water - warm is best. Then squeeze out excess water and put them in the goggle. This keeps a nice moist environment around the eyes.
      3) With Thermoeyes. (Comes in a separate kit.) The Thermoeyes inserts heat up the goggle for a little while and raise the humidity so that it's more humid for longer.

Personally, I use it dry some of the time and moist some of the time. Just depends how my eyes feel.

WASHING THE PADS

Wash out the moisture pads (the removeable round ones) AFTER EVERY USE with an antibacterial soap and let them air dry. This is very important! You don't want bacteria next to your eyes at night.

Wash the goggle with the stick-on foam ("eye cushions") once a week if you use the goggle every day.

Replace the complete foam sets every 1-2 months, or earlier if they start to peel away from the goggle. To do this, peel the foam very slowly off the goggle (too quick will leave residue that is hard to remove) and wash or use a little rubbing alcohol to remove residue. Then apply a new set.

You shouldn't need to replace the whole goggle.

ACCESSORIES

You don't need anything else. You just need replacement foam now and then. Some people find that they have to replace the head wrap. I've never had to change mine. If you like the goggle generally, you might want to buy the heat inserts sometime. But make sure the goggle is working well for you first.

Re ointment: Follow dr.'s directions. One issue with ointment though is it may make cleaning the goggle a little harder... not sure about this because I don't use ointments but maybe others can comment.

Thanks very very much Rebecca...! (by the way he suggested me tranquileyes goggle AND/OR Refresh PM ointment so i will see!)

Comment

Hi i have a question about the heat inserts.

The first time i used them they were good, but then when i reheated them they arent that hot and havent used them in ages (eyes been good) now went to use them and they dont work, am i doing this right?

put in boiling water , cylstals melt.
        then leave to stand for 10 mins

after done this the cystals come back as they are cooling and the flick button doesnt heat it up again..

How long do they last?
        I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Working...
        X