Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Allergy tests

hi,
    can someone tell me what kind of tests do i have to do since i have an allergy in my eyes i and would like to find out the cause. Besides Prick Test is there something else to do? Thanks

Hi - My opthamologist recently referred me to an allergist for tests and the only thing they did was prick my skin for response to 26 different allergens. I asked a similar question to your's, i.e., is there a separate way to test for eye allergic response. The guy said no, that his operating assumption is that the triggers seriously affecting, in my case, lungs, skin, sinuses & eyes are the same allergens. I'm sort of taking this assumption on faith. If you learn anything different, please post the info. I posted more specific test results a few weeks ago. My primary physician likes the allergist's recommendation to receive targeted injections, so I'll start that in September.

Comment

Originally posted by William53
      Hi - My opthamologist recently referred me to an allergist for tests and the only thing they did was prick my skin for response to 26 different allergens. I asked a similar question to your's, i.e., is there a separate way to test for eye allergic response. The guy said no, that his operating assumption is that the triggers seriously affecting, in my case, lungs, skin, sinuses & eyes are the same allergens. I'm sort of taking this assumption on faith. If you learn anything different, please post the info. I posted more specific test results a few weeks ago. My primary physician likes the allergist's recommendation to receive targeted injections, so I'll start that in September.
      thanks...i'll let you know if i learn anything.....!

Comment

Working...
      X