Back from Salt Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from Salt Lake

All I can say is that it was 4 miserable days. Things got off to a very bad start after 15 hours in airports and on airplanes trying to get there due to crazy weather in New York.

Then the beautiful but dry 95 degree weather when outside and then spending every other minute in AC. And we walked everywhere so I was outside a lot.

The flight home was terribly dry and I spent almost all of it with my eyes closed. Then I got to drive home from the airport after dark.

I did meet with the Wiley rep who was really awesome and empathetic and he helped me pick out frames and was really interested when I told him how I learned about his products. Now of course, I need to have them fit with prescription lenses and he offered help if I could not get this done locally. More helpful than my own OD.

I hope everyone is doing well or coping as well as they can or even having one of those rare and blessed "good" days. It's humid here in Maine today and I plan to have an easy day and let my eyes come out of shock.

Natalie

((((Natalie))))

I hope your eyes are feeling better since the trip...

I just spoke to my rep from Wiley. I really like that company. Great people. I think we will be seeing some new things coming down the pipeline there as well.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks Rebecca

I hope your eyes have recovered too.

I have given up worrying about how these damn things look and just care about comofrt at this point. Another trip like Salt Lake could do me in without some type of protection.

Have a great day.

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie06
        I hope your eyes have recovered too.
        Sigh, no... Was mostly okay for awhile there, then my right eye conjunctiva turned back into dog meat the night before last. So I have to have my scleral out, again. Just got back from the doc and am starting some Zymar. I may end up going for a culture if I can't get this licked pretty darned soon.

For those whose emails I have not answered, I apologize. I am kind of randomly replying to things on email and on the board as I get a chance.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Rebecca,

I'm so sorry. I thought you'd have this long since licked. Best of luck with the Zymar and whatever else your doc decides to do.

D
          Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

sorry to hear of your problems Rebecca.
            you always seem to be so in control, we tend to forget you too still have DE
            Do hope you get this episode under control - We really appreciate all you do for us!!!
            Take care
            We all love you
            Stella

Comment

just noticed this update; sending love and vibes

Sending love, Dear Rebecca. . .I share that sentiment about how easy it is to forget that you are struggling with the DES, all the while you are creating, managing, making connections, innovating, and generally being astoundingly brilliant for all of us. . .

I'm sending vibes for the inflammation to resolve fast, and for any infection issue to be simple and routine. . .I'm sensing it will be. . .
              <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

Working...
              X