Restasis to FreshKote: subjective notes during transition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restasis to FreshKote: subjective notes during transition

Just wanted to report how impressed I am with FreshKote, after 1 week on the product. I'd been on Restasis for 3.5 years when I asked my fairly new eye doc to consider switching me to something new. . .Restasis was very helpful in controlling my burning pain and reducing some surface air sensitivity, but I always wondered if I could feel OK without a potentially powerful drug (cyclosporine) in my eye. . .Since my TBUT remained about 0 seconds all the time I was on Restasis, I thought FreshKote, with its complex, tear-penetrating formula, and its novel non-petrolatum lipid, was worth a try. . .and so far, I"m amazed. . .Don't know if I continue to improve, but the FreshKote is the first formula I've tried in 9 years that seems to coat my ocular surface, and really stick on to it, for a good long while. . .I'll be evaluated for progress (re-check of Lissamine Green and flourescein staining, and TBUT count) in a few weeks. . .and shall report back then. . .
    <Doggedly Determined>

Thanks for the Information!

I am so happy to hear about FreshKote(TM), because I did not know where to go for good information. The website that explains it is pretty basic. I was curious about it after reading Dr. Holly's article and was wondering how it compared to the great drops I discovered here.

Please, do keep us posted on your progress. I'm happy that you are finding better relief and very grateful that you are sharing what works for you.

Comment

Working...
    X