Rapid blinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapid blinking

I got a cat hair in my eye the other day, and I tried rapid blinking for about five seconds to work it out. (It wound up sticking to my upper and lower lids, which pulled it away from my cornea, and I was able to grasp it easily.) However, what I noticed afterwards was a pleasant tearing sensation in both eyes. So, one thing that i have been doing lately is blinking rapidly and noticing a little more moisture. I know it sounds weird, but these days I'm trying everything to keep my eyes happy!

Edit: Uh-oh. I started a new thread in the archives. I am looking for a way to delete it and cannot! Sorry!
    Last edited by liz56; 14-Aug-2007, 06:58. Reason: Should not have posted!

Hi
    To add my own 2c - I read somewhere that rolling your eyes around when closed helps to spread whatever tears you do have around the eye. I am doing this regularly - not sure if it helps but it seems to make sense. It's quite tricky at first - I imagine I am watching a tennis match !

I know DES is a very serious subject and can literally be life or death in extreme cases but you do have to laugh sometimes! If I was seen wearing swimming goggles all day blinking rapidly followed by a bout of 'imaginary tennis' with creeping vaseline all over my eyes the men in the white coats would be after me!

Ell
    The magic gloop IS out there somewhere - right?

Comment

Originally posted by EllMitcho
      Hi
      To add my own 2c - I read somewhere that rolling your eyes around when closed helps to spread whatever tears you do have around the eye. I am doing this regularly - not sure if it helps but it seems to make sense. It's quite tricky at first - I imagine I am watching a tennis match !

I know DES is a very serious subject and can literally be life or death in extreme cases but you do have to laugh sometimes! If I was seen wearing swimming goggles all day blinking rapidly followed by a bout of 'imaginary tennis' with creeping vaseline all over my eyes the men in the white coats would be after me!

Ell
      Thanks for the humor and the tip!

Comment

eye blinking

My eye doc prescribes lots of blinking, a good strong blink (my eyes don't quite close when shut anymore). I have no trouble blinking when I forget to wear my goggles, but all that blinking gives me quite a headache...
        Elaine

Comment

I have found that a few minutes of strong blinking after the warm compress and massage seems to be beneficial...it is all about trying to get those glands working and producing something resembling a healthy tear.

Blinking after the warm compress/massage would seem the most logical time?

Comment

Working...
          X