Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appearance of lid margins

Hello,
    Anyone with MGD or Blepharitis - how do your eyelid margins look in detail? When I turn mine out I see red zig zags which I though were the blood vessels. Is this normal? Anyone else have it?
    Ta
    Bruce
    Occupation - Optimistologist

My lid margins are always red and when I pull the lower lids out it's red and there seems to be lines that appear a pale yellowish color. Having mgd is the
    pits.

Comment

telangiectasia on the lid margins

Yes. . .those wavy red lines are a keynote of MGD. . .I have 'em, and they are little broken capillaries known collectively as "telangiectasia" (remote/tiny bulging veins). . .Often a doc will diagnose MGD just on the basis of these same little capillaries on the face of the patient. . .The end stage of rosacea, moreover, is characterized by a proliferation of telangiectases on the nose, with a thickening and puckering of skin . . .

Anyway, with our condition, often the little veins appear only on the lid margins. . and not on the face at all. . .

Personally, I think the connection between the veins and MGD is real, but I don't find it to be very meaningful or helpful, yet, except that if this tips a doc off to treating as though the case may be ocular rosacea, that is a good thing. . .

When a doc first noticed my little veins, he gave me doxycycline, which I took for years. . .It made very little difference, but possibly only because my meibomians were already far gone. . .Still, connections are always an important piece of the puzzle. . .
      <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

Working...
      X