Guaifenesin as a systemic approach?; Lithium still nice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guaifenesin as a systemic approach?; Lithium still nice

Wondering if anyone has tried a course of guaifenesin, along the lines of the therapy that is now becoming quite popular (and highly acclaimed) for fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatique Syndrome and the other so-called "nonplus" disorders.

I have just tracked a big collection of anecdotal reports on guaifenesin (un-combined with other substances like decongestants), as used to eliminate pain and fatigue in these chronic ailments, and among them was an impressive report of someone with ocular rosacea who seemed to eliminate her facial rosacea completely through regular guaifenesin supplementation.

Made me wonder whether those of us who respond well to anti-inflammatories (like steroid drops) and immune suppressants (like Restasis) might respond favorably to guiafenesin. . .Also can't help wondering whether those of us in whom DES is linked to systemic problems (like fibromyalgia, SLE, Sjogren's) might conceivably benefit in a way unrelated to inflammation suppression, via this supplement.

Anyway. . .I am sorely tempted, yet again, to experiment. So far, I see no reason not to. . .The product is a little expensive, but it is OTC. . .and quality control is tight, certainly for the mainstream products like Mucinex. . .

Update on Lithium Orotate/Aspartate: still seems to be helping my fibromyalgia lots. . .and has nearly obliterated my chronic depression/anxiety. . .I'm taking the 10 mg. 3x/day dose recommended by the much-published natural healing guru Dr. Jonathan Wright, in order to achieve this effect. . .No adverse eye effects for me so far, of which I am aware. . .Will see my eye doc in 2 weeks to make sure. . .
    <Doggedly Determined>
Working...
X