Contacts /solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contacts /solution

wot is the best contact lens for dry eyes, am i right in thinking its the ones with the highest water content such as proclear compatibles and also what is the best solution 2 use? thanks

You can read about this on DrG's Forum (Q&A with Greg Gemoules). There are a couple of pages of threads there with lots of talk about lenses suitable to try for dry eyes.

Soft Lenses:
    High water content isn't always the answer for lens comfort and successful wear. It depends on what's causing your dry eye and many other factors. You have to try different lenses, and yes---Proclear is a good one.

Good for dry eyes: There are the silcon hydrogel lenses that permit more oxygen to the eye--Focus N&D, Purevision, Acuvue Advance, Acuvue Oasys and probably others that I can't remember. They have about 30% water.

Other: The "special coating" lenses are the Proclear and Biomedics XC (both have higher water content about 60%.)

I used to wear Extreme H2O (59% water) which doesn't dry out on the eye as much as other soft lenses.

Solutions:
    I recommend ClearCare--it's a hydrogen peroxide solution with a neutralizing lens container---it works best for me because it doesn't have any detergents or preservatives in it. No-rub solutions tend to be more irritating.

Calli

Comment

Working...
    X