X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No eye drops of late!

Hi all,

This is wierd.

I had to go in for a wee operation on Wednesday (not eye related at all) and although I took eye drops with me I never used them. Back home on Thursday to recuperate and up to the present day (Saturday) I haven't touched my eye drops. I haven't needed to.

Of course, I haven't been to work where the worst of my dry eyes do occur, but still, whilst off I have been using my PC quite a lot. My mind and attention has been clearly focused on the operation and aftermath and this has had the effect that I simply haven't given my eyes a 2nd thought!

For me it certainly knocks it home that part of my dry eye problem is all in my head! Worry about dry eyes and it just gets worse!

PS. The only medication I have been on post-operation has been strong pain killers and antibiotics.

Hmmmm!

Ian.

There have been reports about dry eye feeling better whilist surgery, or the aftermath. Its like when you have the flu, many including me report there eyes are better, also happens when i have face pain. But i dont think its in your head, something is probaly happening to make your eyes feel better.
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

i hear ya, seems like when i get really busy doing things, or are outside working in the yard, it is a nice diversion, and things seem a little better.

Comment

Glad to hear your so much better
        An ophthalmologist (who specializes in glaucoma - not occular surface disorder ) who i saw very early on-privately ,told me there was a definate psychological element in DE .
        I understand how there could be - you can get obssessed with looking for answers and therefore it is always on your mind, whereas if you can get absorbed in other things it can lessen the intensity of the symptoms Mind -over-- matter type of thing - not easy
        On the other hand how can you forget constant discomfort ? besides joining a site like this is therapeutic and makes you feel you are not alone and indeed can contribute to helping other people as well as looking for answers A very constructive use of a misarable condition -after all what would we do without Rebecca who has dedicated her time and energy into running this site.
        It sounds as if your work place is a definate culprit Ian
        If i were you i'd do some detective work as to why

Comment

This arrived over the weekend......will be trying it at work next week.

Insert frozen water bottle inside and a fan blows out cold air. I bought two just to get two bottles and the kind kitchen staff at work will freeze them for me.....so I'll simply rotate the two of 'em.

Ian.

Comment

Working...
          X