Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inflammation and anti-inflammatories

Hello.
    After reading up it seems a lot of dry eye and blepharitis problems are caused by inflammation. Inflammation can be caused by infection and injury but in dry eye/bleph cases they say it rarely these two but could be lifestyle, toxens etc.
    There are many drugs and herbs which have anti-inflammatory properties. I wonder if these can be administered via steam or warm compresses which have these herbs etc infused?
    Any thoughts?
    Regards.
    Occupation - Optimistologist

what about diclofenac eye drops 0.1%(Reading that from the BNF)
    I was seriously considering asking for that myself - since my eyes have been pretty bad since my return from holiday,although i strongly suspect allergy issues on top of the MGD and may persue that line first
    I overheard a pharmisist talking to a lady about this eyedrop the doc had ordered to relieve eyepain after surgery and pricked up my ears - on enquiry it was diclofenac(Volterol)
    I notice from my rather old version of the BNF 2001(The British pharmacists Bible) that they are single dose units, therefore unpreserved i presume
    I am sure you have come across Volterol used for pain for bad backs ,arthritis ,and many other inflammatory conditions .It is known as a NSAID(non steroidal anti - inflammatory drug)Sorry if i am treating you like an idiot - but there may be non medical people out there who dont know these things You would have to ask your Gp to let you try it
    Stella

Comment

I have heard of people using chamomile tea bags as warm eyelid compresses. I'm sure it's possible somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by brd888
        but could be lifestyle, toxens etc...
        Any thoughts?
        Change lifestyle and detox?
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
        X