Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you wash your face to much with soap could that dry eyes out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you wash your face to much with soap could that dry eyes out?

Because sometimes if I wash my face twice or 3 times a day with soap it feels like my eyes get dryer then normal.

I wondered about that.

Of the many things for which I blamed myself, washing my face with antibacterial soap was something that crossed my mind. It's so hard to say what caused my problem. I'd rather I am to blame than think that my body just is acting badly; that way, something could be done about it.

Still washing my face but not splashing water on my eyes,
    Liz

Comment

Your washing your face but avoiding your eyes?

Comment

Originally posted by TRiBaL
        Your washing your face but avoiding your eyes?
        Yeah. I just rub soap on with a washcloth, rinse the washcloth and then rub the soap off. I'd love to splash water on my face, but I am afraid to do it. I get eye-drop residue off of my eye area (rather ineffectively) by dabbing a damp cloth around my eyes and tugging at residue on my eyelashes with my fingers. I have not touched my upper eyelids in over three months.

Comment

why not just wash your face with soap like you do now and after soap has been rinse off with your damp cloth, splash water on your face when there is no soap on your face anymore?

Comment

Ya I think personally if you washed your eyes and face more then 1 time a day it could mess with your ph balance. Specially for people with not so oily skin.

The question is though is if you already wash your face with soap and then you went out to do something causes you to sweat and you get it in your eyes will just splashing water on your face clean the sweat and germs off?

Comment

Working...
            X