Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plugs - anyone else have them in one side only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugs - anyone else have them in one side only?

Hi all

New to these forums and would like to know - my eye doc says it is normal to put plugs in one eye only to see how it goes (both my eyes are equally dry). Has anyone else had this? Can't see how that is of benefit to me.... but I am in New Zealand and sadly there is comparatively little knowledge of the whole subject here.

Thanks
    Bluebrit

What they do here is they give you these 1 week desolveable plugs to see how they go for you and then if they work out they give you 2 plugs 1 in both eyes dependings how bad your tear film is they could maybe even give you 4 plugs.

I live in US so, thats what my doc did. Sad though, my eye plug experience wasn't so great, my eyes couldn't handle plugs due to my eyes being to sensitive.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebrit
      Hi all

New to these forums and would like to know - my eye doc says it is normal to put plugs in one eye only to see how it goes (both my eyes are equally dry). Has anyone else had this? Can't see how that is of benefit to me.... but I am in New Zealand and sadly there is comparatively little knowledge of the whole subject here.

Thanks
      Bluebrit
      Hi Bluebrit
      I'm from the north of NZ. After having had plugs put in both my eyes (lower lids) and wondering if they would help (I had Lasik nearly 3 years ago) - It would be interesting to see the difference between the two eyes. If one eye is much improved then go for it and get the other eye done.
      My newest Doc has said my plugs are not there and said my tear flim is OK and I must admit my eyes don't seem to be missing them but the weather here is very damp! It appears my glands are blocked and I am starting doxy today. I have started going to Prof McGhee from Auckland Uni Opth Dept and he specailises in dry eyes. I found a good optometrist - Orewa Optics - that are dry eye friendly. They made made special moisture chamber glasses for me.
      Cheers
      Dot
      When the going gets tough - the tough get going!

Comment

Working...
      X