Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So frightened

Hi

This is not really the typical posting but was hoping to get some support. I am 25 with Sjogrens and so far no response on Restasis (6 weeks). I am so scared that my eyes will never improve. I am getting panic attacks from the stress and making my other symptoms worsen. I keep reading articles on irreversible damage to the lacrimal glands and everything is fueling my anxiety. I know no one can predict how I will respond but any soothing advice will be much appreciated. I hope I don't sound like a total loon but I am leading such a miserable existence with this dry eye that I can't seem to separate myself from it.

Thanks and sorry!
    If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

Hi

You sound exactly like me. I'm 31 & am Anti Ro +ve so I believe this means that I also have Sjogrens.

I am taking Cyclosorin but here in the UK we don't have Restasis so I'm unfortunate enough to have the dog (veterinary) version which is pretty yucky. I'm not sure whether it helps much as yet, have been on it for 6 weeks.

I would love to believe that my tears will come back, but at the same time don't want to give myself false hope. I am suffering badly with anxiety/depression & am undergoing some counselling at the moment as worry definately makes it worse. As it stands at the moment my eyes are uncomfortable 24/7 but I hope that given time I will learn to manage the condition.

Its very unfair that we have this at our age, but somehow we just need to learn to live with it & hope that in time things will resolve.

Feel free to contact me anytime

Natasha

Comment

Sjogrens

Thank you for your message. We sound alot a like (unfortunately, right). Do you work? I have been trying to with moisture chamber glasses but think that I may have to stop. Worrying about Sjogrens has made my ANA jump from a low 1:80 to over 5000. I know I have to go into counseling otherwise literally I am going to jump out of my skin.
      If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

Comment

You are not alone

There are a lot of us with Sjogrens at www.sjogrensworld.org

Try not to freak out over this disease. I too suffer from it, but I live with the knowledge that lots of research is being done for autoimmune diseases. You are young and I'm thinking there may be answers for you in your lifetime. You must take whatever the day has to give and make it the best that you can. A cure may be there tomorrow.

Billye

Comment

Hi,

Six weeks is not a long time for Restasis. I have heard several ophthalmologists say that it can take up to 6 months for the full effects to kick in. So, hang in there!

Kathel

Comment

Originally posted by kcoffiner
            Hi

This is not really the typical posting but was hoping to get some support. I am 25 with Sjogrens and so far no response on Restasis (6 weeks). I am so scared that my eyes will never improve. I am getting panic attacks from the stress and making my other symptoms worsen. I keep reading articles on irreversible damage to the lacrimal glands and everything is fueling my anxiety. I know no one can predict how I will respond but any soothing advice will be much appreciated. I hope I don't sound like a total loon but I am leading such a miserable existence with this dry eye that I can't seem to separate myself from it.

Thanks and sorry!
            Use goggles. I don't know about improvement, but allowing your own tears to do the work instead of artificial ones is bound to work toward preserving your eyes.

Comment

Please know there are dry eye patients out there who have to use Restasis for many, many months before seeing improvement. I know that's not ideal, but it's worth trying. There's no magic bullet quite yet unfortunately. Do a search on this site on Restasis...you'll find a wide range of reports on it.
              Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Working...
              X