Importing to Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing to Canada

Hi , I registered just a few minutes ago and this is my first post. I have been doing alot of reading on this site for the past few months and have found some very helpful information. I just received an order from the Dry Eye Shop today of Dwelle, Dakrina, and Nutratear and a pair of onion goggles. I didn't know, and thought others might like to know, that there was a $30 import charge for the shipment( on $48(US) worth of product). My total cost in the end for the order with shipping, taxes, and import charges was $106. Quite a difference! I hope the drops help!

Yikes!

We have quite a few customers in other countries. Of course we don't have any control over customs duties - and they vary a lot from country to country and depending on the package size/value - but I don't think that is usual for Canada? Most of our shipments to Canada are Tranquileyes goggles and I have not heard (yet) of anyone getting stuck with that kind of charge (with one exception - see below).

If by any chance your package was shipped via UPS, please call the office and we'll refund the shipping charge. We have changed our shipping services around a bit lately and there was a brief period (a week or two?) where without realizing it we had a UPS shipping service that did not include certain fees on packages going to Canada - fees which are included if the package is shipped via other services. Once we realized what was going on, we switched back to USPS Priority International and Fedex International as our Canada options. Sorry....
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

shipping

Thanks Rebecca. It was shipped by UPS. I will give your office a call tomorrow.

Comment

Hi Rebecca,
        I too ordered Tranquileyes goggles for 29$ and was shocked I had to pay UPS 22$ in duties. How can I get in contact with you?
        FOR WE WALK BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT (2 Corinthians 5:7).

Comment

Just call the office 877-693-7939x1 or email service@dryeyeshop.com. It's been a very busy week so you may just have to leave a message.

There was about a week or two window during which the UPS shipping option (which unbeknownst to us was quoting rates not including those fees) was available, and since it wasn't clear what we're doing is refunding the shipping charge to anyone affected. My apologies for the inconvenience.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
          X